Milton Turf Services
Most people do not take into account the amount of time they spend in their backyard. You might enjoy going outside to barbecue with friends, relax after a long day of work or spend time with your family. Imagine how having a beautiful and functional backyard could enhance that time you spend at your home. At Allied Sod Farms, we understand the importance of installing and maintaining a lawn around your home that adds to the appeal of your home rather than detracts from it.
Our turf services are:
Installation & Maintenance
- Installation of turf grass should be done within 24 hours of delivery
- Once the turf grass has been selected and planted, maintenance practices focus on keeping high quality turf grass healthy.
- The amount of fertilizer required for turf grass depends on the specias being grown and the soil type. Following the first mowing, landscapers commpnly use fertilizer containing both nitrogen and phosphorous such as 13-13-13. Use approximately 6 pounds to each 1,000 square feet.
- Irrigation perhapps is the first priority, mowing perhaps is the second most important turf grass maintenance practice. Mowing helps promote top grouth, encourages lateral growth and controls many weeds. Centipede is mowed once every 2 weeks. Bermuda and Zoysia are usually mowed at 1 to 1.5 inch mowing height, while St. Augustine is mowed oce every 7 to 10 days at 1.5 to 3.0 inches.
- The hardest weed to get rid of in all southern states is Bermudagrass. Common Bermudagrass seeds are widely spread and easily dispersed. Weeds can be introduced during soil preparation, birds, wind, soil erosio and people also spread weed seeds. After the turf grass is well rooted, weed management involves proper mowing, and use of herbicides.
- Hydroseeding is a process that utilizes a mixed media of cellulose fiber, seed, fertilizer and water. After being thoroughly mixed into a soupy consistency, this media is sprayed on the lawn by machine. Sprouts will apper in as little as three days and a fully established lawn could be achieved in three weeks or less.
- Due to the affordable cost and versatility in application, hydroseeding is becoming more and more popular as an effective means of establishing new lawns, controlling erosion and vegetating land. In addition, hydro seed requires less watering than sod.